EXCILITE EXCIMER 308-NM LASER – Alopecia Treatment
Firstly Excimer 308-nm light is a form of targeted phototherapy that delivers a specific wavelength (308 nm) of ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation using an excimer laser or an excimer lamp. So both have shown similar results regarding efficacy, but have technical differences.
Secondly Excimer light treatment is a development of whole body narrowband UVB. Moreover Narrowband UVB delivers energy at a wavelength between 311–312 nm for the treatment of localized psoriasis and vitiligo. Therefore the disadvantages of narrowband UVB include irradiation of the whole body and the need for a high number of treatments.
Thirdly the UV ray generate by the excimer light is deliver via a hand-held wand that focuses on the lesion. Compare with narrowband UVB, its advantages are:
- Healthy skin surrounding the affect areas is not expose to radiation.
- Different templates are use according to the area to be treat.
- A higher dose of radiation can be deliver, with a reduce cumulative dose of irradiation.
- In some cases, a shorter course of treatment is effective.
- It can be used in areas difficult to reach with conventional phototherapy, such as ears and genitals.
- It can be used in children, as it is a relatively friendly–looking piece of equipment.
EXCILITE EXCIMER 308-NM LASER also used for Alopecia Treatment
For Live Session of Vitiligo treatment done by Prof. Dr. Ikram Ullah Khan. Click Here