Daily Skin Care Routine for Healthier Skin
Have you always wished for a healthy-looking, glowing, bright, even skin tone and were unsure of it?
If yes then please read this blog completely, for a few tips to look after your skin will be shared by which you will be able to get a great looking skin in no time.
So, let’s talk about the skin care routine we should follow;
- First step in any skin routine is cleansing. It should be done 2 times a day but not too frequently as over-cleansing the skin can dry it. So, for people who have dry skin they need to use a gentle, soothing or hydrating facewash. Those people who have an oily skin they need to use a foaming facewash with a stronger cleansing action and it can contain Salicylic Acid or Glycolic Acid.
- Then we come to the second step which is use of the Toner. The toner is used by applying is on a cotton ball or pad and then wiping the face with it. People who have dry skin can sometimes skip this step or they can use a very gentle toner and people with oily skin can use a more astringent toner however It is more preferable to use an alcohol-free toner because that can cause over dryness of the skin.
- After the toner comes the Moisturizer. The preference for a moisturizer is an oil-free moisturizer because the face is generally rich in oil glands and does not need to moisturize, except people who have dry skin, can use a slightly intensive moisturizer. However, it is not recommended to use oils on the face as they are comedogenic which means that they can block the pores and can lead to blackheads, whiteheads and acne.
- After the moisturizer comes the Sunscreen. Now, one should apply a sunscreen which has a broad-spectrum coverage with a high SPF and UVA and UVB index protection. These details are mentioned on the pack. A person with dry skin shall use a lotion or cream-based sunscreen. Those people who have oily skin shall use a matte or an oil-free or gel-based sunscreen.
- Now we come to Scrubs. So, the scrubs have to be chosen very carefully. Those scrubs shall be chosen which have very fine beads so as to avoid skin irritation or skin damage. So, the scrubs help for a more intensive cleaning and helps to exfoliate the dead cells giving a smooth texture to the skin. The role of the masks is for a more intensive penetration, of the active ingredients, into the skin, for example there are hydrating masks, Vitamin-C masks, anti-oxidants masks, nourishment and collagen boosting masks. So, these are preferably used over and above your basic routine and boost the effects of your daily skin care routine.
Now these are parts of your daily skin care routine. To this we can add some active ingredients, which enhance specific features of the skin, which will be discussed in our next blog as they are part of an extended skin care routine.
Visit more blogs like these to get the best information related to your skin by clicking here.
Stay up to date with the latest details related to your skin by subscribing to our Youtube Channel.