Acne Types, Causes and Preventions
Our Today’s Blog is about a very common skin condition which is faced by most people in some point of their lives.
What is acne?
It is disease of the oil glands & the hair follicles in which there is excess production of the oil and then the pore gets blocked and leads to clog in the face and subsequently as they get infected, they turn into pimples. Acne is divided into the following 5 categories :
Who can get Acne?
We mostly see that Teenagers and Young Adults get acne. But now we see adults over the age of 35 get acne as well which we call as ‘adult acne’. So now we will discuss about the causes which cause acne.
Reasons of Acne
So, primarily there are 4 reason we get acne:
- Increase in oil production
- Blockage in the oil pores (Both lead to Blackhead and Whitehead)
- Overgrowth of Germs, primarily yeast and bacteria
- Inflammation which leads to redness, swelling and subsequently scarring.
How can we deal with this problem?
We will talk about a few of the do’s and don’ts which will help in dealing with acne:
- We shall wash our face twice a day
- We shall also wash our face after returning from polluted environment or after sweating.
- We should use oil free moisturizers and use oil free products.
- We should not use greasy or oily products even if the skin is dry
- We can use make-up and concealers. Before going to sleep it shall be removed
- We shall drink lots of water and shall have a balanced diet
- We shall exercise, have proper sleep and avoid stress
The latest lasers are available at Prof. Dr. Ikram Ullah Khan Skin Clinic for the treatment of Acne and many other diseases.